I'm going to an anime convention two months from now (March 30th, to be precise) and I would like to buy a costume since the last time I tried making one it turned out more hassle than it was worth. (Nobody recognized me anyway. ;__;)

This time around my friends and I are cosplaying Chobits characters and I'm being Dita. I dont think I'm capable of making this costume, so does anyone know of any online stores that carry it? I've seen plenty of Kotoko, but none of Dita. Or, if I'm not that lucky, just someone who does commissions for reasonable prices?


Not any good at making it yourself? HIRE someone.

This is your character, right?

http://cvtw.batcave.net/images/anime583.jpg

There are a whole SLEW of people who make costumes out there- you just need to know where to look.

first try- look up an organization called the "SCA"

www.sca.org

This is a historical reenactment group (Medieval/ Renaissance)- so almost EVERYONE has some costuming experience.

If you go to the site, and find the kingdom nearest you. Send an email saying that you are looking for someone to costume for you. Looking at this pic (as long as this is your character you want) This will be NO problem.

These folks work with leather and cloth, and know the practical side of costuming.

Your second choice is to just keep looking for each of these pieces by themselves in different stores.

Good luck

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Chobits Template Design By: SkinCorner